Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 SFF
Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 SFF Standard SET
Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 SFF Control Enclosure
Controller : Dual Controller
Standard Connectivity : 4 x 1 Gb iSCSI host ports (UTP, RJ-45) (2 ports per node canister)
Optional Connectivity : 16Gb Fibre Channel, 12Gb SAS, 10Gb iSCSI/FCoE, 1Gb iSCSI
Processor : Two-core, two-thread
Number of Processors : Two
Cache : 16GB (8 GB cache per canister)
Software : IBM Spectrum Virtualize
User Interface : Web-based GUI
RAID Levels : RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, distributed
Fans and Power Supplies : Fully redundant, hot-swappable
Rack Support : Standard 19-inch
Warranty : 3-Year On-Site Warranty 9x5 Next Business Day by Lenovo (Thailand)
Form factor : Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 Control Enclosure: 2U rack mount
Controller configuration : Dual controller (known as node canister) configuration.
RAID levels : RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10; Distributed RAID 5 and 6.
Controller cache :16 GB per system (8 GB per node canister). Cache mirroring between the node canisters. Battery-backed cache protection.
Drive bays :Up to 240 SFF drive bays per storage system: 24 SFF drive bays in the control enclosure : 24 SFF drive bays in the expansion enclosure; up to 9 expansion enclosures
Intermix of SFF and LFF enclosures is supported.
Drive technology : SAS and NL SAS HDDs and SAS SSDs. Intermix of HDDs and SSDs is supported.
Drive connectivity : Dual-ported 12 Gb SAS drive attachment infrastructure.
Drives : SFF drives: 300 GB and 600 GB 15K rpm SAS HDDs
900 GB, 1.2 TB, and 1.8 TB 10K rpm SAS HDDs
2 TB 7.2K rpm NL SAS HDDs
400 GB, 800 GB, 1.6 TB, and 3.2 TB SAS SSDs
1.92 TB and 3.84 TB read-optimized SAS SSDs
Host connectivity :
Standard ports (per control enclosure with two node canisters)
- 4 x 1 Gb iSCSI host ports (UTP, RJ-45) (2 ports per node canister)
Optional additional ports on host interface cards (per control enclosure with two node canisters):
- 8 x 12 Gb SAS host ports (Mini-SAS HD, SFF-8644) (4 ports per node canister)
- 8 x 1 Gb iSCSI host ports (UTP, RJ-45) (4 ports per node canister)
- 8 x 10 Gb iSCSI or FCoE SFP+ host ports (SW fiber, LC) (4 ports per node canister)
- 8 x 16 Gb FC SFP+ host ports (SW or LW fiber, LC) (4 ports per node canister)
Host operating systems :
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 and 7
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 and 12
- VMware vSphere 5.1, 5.5, and 6.0
Standard software features :
- Virtualization of internal storage
- Thin Provisioning
- One-way Data Migration
- FlashCopy snapshots (up to 64 targets)
- Embedded GUI
Optional software features :
- FlashCopy snapshots upgrade (up to 2048 targets)
- Easy Tier
- Remote Mirroring
Performance (V3700 V2 / V3700 V2 XP)* :
- Up to 168,000 / 390,000 cache read IOPS
- Up to 51,000 / 112,000 disk read IOPS
- Up to 13,000 / 28,000 disk write IOPS
- Up to 27,000 / 55,000 disk mixed (70% read/30% write) IOPS
- Up to 3.4 / 6.2 GBps sequential disk read throughput
- Up to 0.96 / 1.7 GBps sequential disk write throughput
- Maximum number of storage pools: 1,024
- Maximum number of logical volumes: 2,048
- Maximum logical volume size: 256 TB
- Maximum number of drives in a RAID array: 16
- Maximum number of RAID arrays: 128
- Maximum number of drives in a distributed RAID array: 128 (including up to 4 spares)
- Maximum number of distributed RAID arrays: 10
- Maximum hot spare drives: No limit
- Maximum number of host ports: 2,048
- Maximum number of hosts: 256
- Maximum number of host ports per one host: 32
- Maximum number of snapshots: 2,048 (requires an optional license)
- Maximum number of remote mirroring relationships: 2,048 (requires an optional license)
Cooling : Redundant cooling with the fan modules that are built into power supplies.
Power supply : Two redundant hot-swap 800 W AC power supplies.
Hot-swap parts :Node canisters, expansion canisters, SFP/SFP+ transceivers, drives, power supplies with fans.
Management interfaces : 2 x 1 GbE ports (UTP, RJ-45) in a primary/redundant configuration. Web-based GUI; SSH CLI; SMI-S; SNMP and email notifications.
Security features : Secure Socket Layer (SSL), Secure Shell (SSH), user level security, LDAP authentication
Warranty : Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite warranty with 9x5 next business day terms. Optional warranty service upgrades are available through Lenovo: 24x7 coverage, 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 6-hour or 24-hour committed repair, 1-year or 2-year warranty extensions, Hard Drive Retention.
Dimensions : Height: 87 mm (3.4 in.); width: 483 mm (19.0 in.); depth: 556 mm (21.9 in.)
- Control enclosure (fully configured): 26 kg (57.3 lb)
- Expansion enclosure (fully configured): 26.7 kg (58.9 lb)